Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Decorating Continues! More Easter and Now Flowers!

Over the last week the ground and skies have erupted with blooms and bees.

It is magical to watch how much changes in just a day around here.

The bleeding hearts have started to flower, as the fruit trees and daffodils led the way.

I am sleeping with the windows open and watching the birds, bunnies, and bugs start their spring scurry into house making, food catching, and merry making.

Oh, I want the days to slow down just a little bit now so I don't miss a bud or song or creature.

The short-lived but OH! so worth it, beautiful flowering plum trees.




The Easter basket just purchased at New Oxford Show, last weekend.
This felt bunny is probably only 2 decades old, but he packs a big punch of charm.




The roosters, both 3 years apart from the same vendor at the New Oxford Show.
David Little Antiques. He also sold me the Easter baskets.
A great find and only $3.00 each. I love that show for so many reasons.




2 tiny peep bubble makers. One of my absolute all time favorite Easter finds!






Some of my "best" Putz sheep. Alongside some great candy containers.




Glass and paper mache candy containers. In the background is my lamb pull toy. She also "baah's."
A gift from my husband for Christmas a few years back.



Daffodils from the garden. One of the first harbingers of spring






My Easter present from my mom. Her make-shift Easter card, a napkin, I love it!



The inside of my Easter basket. A fabulous paper mache egg.
With ducklings being pulled in a wagon by grasshoppers.


Inside my great egg is a fantastic early PA wallpaper box with a bird on it.
I can't believe my mom parted with this box. It is an amazing antique. I LOVE IT! Thanks Mom!




Also in my Easter basket, 4 advertising cards. Most with dogs.
She knows my favorites are the ones with dogs.






I am mad over the speckles this year. the candy, the meringues, the eggs.
Just can't get enough speckles and pastels right now.


















My newest candy container. A perfect pink pastel egg and a rabbit playing a cello.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday full of love, good friends, and some children to color and hide eggs for!

HAPPY EASTER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring 2024. A Party Barn and a New Set Of Twins To Share It All With

  The first warm day calls us all outside. To see, and smell the new life. Frippie likes to lead. reminding me to stop and take pause,,, for...