Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Love Songs in the Cage

Let me fall into the warm embrace of that time so long ago,
When the leaves were green, the earth was fresh,
and the fat grew thick on a frame without knowledge of what was to be,
and why we couldn't be.

There was hope eternal, love plentiful,
and a longing I could answer with a glance.

There is a peaceful tranquility in the reflections,
a place I can go, to leave the present, and just be.
A time that existed in flickered speckles of reflected light,
and the memories of a life I was too impatient to know not to rush through.

A tiny feathered quiet bird sits safely tucked away,
To sing? To fly? To sit preserved.
Her beauty hidden from view,
and treasured by only one.

I can wish her to fly, I can hope her to sing,
this mute, blind, deaf gift,
and there she sits in her slumber.
And here I lie waiting, eyes slammed shut,
In the embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring 2024. A Party Barn and a New Set Of Twins To Share It All With

  The first warm day calls us all outside. To see, and smell the new life. Frippie likes to lead. reminding me to stop and take pause,,, for...