Sunday, February 14, 2021

Valentine's Day 2021

 


I am a sucker for all things red, pink, and heart shaped.

Valentine's Day gets my heart aflutter like almost no other holiday.

When it comes to decorating I stick to color, character and joyful impact. I keep and display what I love, regardless of age, value, or history.

I add pieces all year around. I keep them together in antique cupboards for ease of transitions between the months that always seem to fly by too quickly. Just when you think you are settled in the pine, holly and tinsel it is time to transition to the blushes, and then Easter races to you.



My Valentines jewelry arrives in varying shapes, sizes and sources. This is a handmade piece by the amazingly talented, affably jubilant Debbie at My Aunt Debbies in Lancaster PA.



Handmade porcelain pots, animal themed of-course! Procured at My Aunt Debbie's, $20 each, ready to be filled with miniature millinery paper roses. 



If you are looking for local artists wares at incredibly low prices please visit. She is kind, sweet and always a smiling face. She loves to talk about the artists she shares her shop with and the love that is sewn into everything she sells. She even decorates the packaging!

Here is my Valentine's Day home decor;


Like every successful social media campaign it's beneficial to have a face behind the campaign. 
My muse Frippie safely guards the Valentine's Day display.


This year, the first in many that Valentine's Day crafting was done solo, I ordered a box of supplies from a vintage millinery  company Pink Swan Millinery



I am absolutely terrible at keeping for occasions. I dove into that box and confettied those velvet leaves, silk roses, and antique papier mache berries everywhere. If you come to craft at my house it inevitably requires breaking down displays. Ah-well it is  meant to be loved and enjoyed!











Don't have a box of antique millinery supplies to embellish your home? How about ribbons? Fabrics and a backdrop of a painting that reminds you that you are loved?


My puppy pack; Frippie and Storm.


The songbirds wake me every morning. They are well-fed and as loved as the furried friends in our home.



Happy Valentine's Day to you all. I hop that your day if full of color and the company of the ones you love.

Many thanks to the beautiful girls at Telltale Dress, Lancaster Pa. (more on them to follow).

Lovely Debbie at My Aunt Debbie's in Lancaster Pa.

And the fodder for my February creativity Pink Swan Millinery on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring 2024. A Party Barn and a New Set Of Twins To Share It All With

  The first warm day calls us all outside. To see, and smell the new life. Frippie likes to lead. reminding me to stop and take pause,,, for...