Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Day At My House

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

Enjoy the photos.
Not too much decorating going on here. (Sadly I am too busy). But I did a little, especially for Barbara. LOVE YOU!


Dancing Dogs, complete with hats, tutu, and band. With old cane dog head.

My husbands nautical light, and photo of our dog, Charlie playing in the grass, framed in old tramp art frame.

"Mellomints" candy tin. Great color, I love the old candy tins.

Antique embroidered hankie from my BFF Linda, with a sterling silver note pad. Inside it says "I love you, BOO." Found at Baltimore Antique Show 2009. I love the thistles around the cover.

Antique buttons from Lindas store. I often leave the price tags on because it reminds me of her, and her wonderful store.

2011 Christmas gift from my husband, from our good friends, (and also glorious antique dealers) Stephen and Claudia

Trying to set a "festive scene" and there's Wren in the middle of it, as always.

My favorite window to decorate. The "non-matching jar" in the back is new and full of my husbands favorite candy (that they do not make in valentines day colors, almond M&M's)

Top desk shelf. The things I keep behind glass and out of Wrens paws.




I bought a whole collection of these little snuff jars from another of my favorite antique dealers in Woodstock, Va. (also where my sister Diedra lives). Barbara, at Springhouse Antiques, has some of the best early high quality furniture, childrens toys, jewelry, and quilts you can find. She also just adopted a beautiful (adult, thank-you for rescuing him) German Shepherd.



Snuff box and 2 enameled pins I just bought at the York Antique Show

Enameled heart box just purchased at the Timonium Antique Show, and my husbands Coast Guard medal.
Snuff box and porcelain woman pin.
Snuff box with antique old watch now turned locket. Front has a 1940's cat, and back is engraved "CAT." This is "as found," so naturally I couldn't resist it. Small "LOVE" locket from Timonium Antique Show
Homemade valentine from 2010 Valentine craft collaboration with Linda






Dog celluloid? plastic? cane head with enameled locket bracelet from York Show


My antique alabaster hand and heart locket


Wren stealing the shot and killing my orchid. I have no ability to discipline her, she's too cute.


My photo area. New wire "heart shaped" photo holder.


Charlie at the beach, 2010

My tintype, child with kitten photo, carved mother of pearl hair comb, (infront), and carved ivory hand with flowers in shadow box.


My handmade Valentine



Victorian scraps care of Linda










Valentine from Diedra, 2010

















Antique dog locket from Baltimore Antique Show




Me and Diedra finishing the NYC Marathon 2001.


Me and Joe. Card made by Diedra 2009

1 comment:

Spring 2024. A Party Barn and a New Set Of Twins To Share It All With

  The first warm day calls us all outside. To see, and smell the new life. Frippie likes to lead. reminding me to stop and take pause,,, for...